Thursday, March 11, 2010

Octopus attacking ship

The photo will be late- I took one but can't be bothered to download it right now. Such things happen, no one is perfect. And I was busy drawing an octopus.

A few days ago I noticed that on Linlen's blog people had been drawing octopi attacking ships. I said, can I draw one? And the reply was 'Yes.'

You know I can't resist a nautical theme.

I couldn't decide whether I wanted the drawing to remain black and white or whether I should colour it, so I scanned every stage just in case. Here are the results:

Octopus attacks ship

Octopus attacks ship (in a blue sea)

Octopus attacks ship (in full colour)

I'm really happy with all three of them- now, if I could only manage to draw the things I have actually promised people I would draw...I have three such orders on my plate and yet every time I approach them I fail. But I can draw a useless octopus just like that.

Well, we shall see, maybe this week will bring great works to my paper.


  1. takie ostatnio znalazłem i mi się skojarzyło

  2. Niice, haven't seen a moleskine spread drawing / painting as nice in a long time!

  3. Thank you, mon! I'm happy with it.

  4. Hello,

    I just wanted to let you know I got this tattooed on me (We've chatted off the FlicR Account) and here are the results:

    I was wondering if you could do more? I bought this painting this week and I would like to add on the full moon, and 'end of the earth' water. Could you do that in the same style? (Black and white?)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...