Thursday, November 12, 2009

This Blog...

So this blog is new. I had one on LJ for a very long time, and hated to leave because of the comfort of the Friends Page (if you've ever used LJ you know what I mean...). But then I stopped reading the page. And then I stopped posting.

This probably isn't the tone I should take in a first blog post.

But this time, I'm coming in from a different angle. I've set up my first proper portfolio website at www.madziabryll.com and needed something to match. Using blogspot was easier than trying to figure out wordpress or movable type's special css. My short-term memory doesn't allow for too much technical mumbo-jumbo. A week from now I won't even remember how I coded that website, though all of it (except the javascript for the slideshow ) is my own work. That's why I rushed this job, and that's why all the content isn't there yet. No worries, I didn't put any 'under construction' graphics, even in homage to the recently defunct Geocities that would have been very, very wrong...

In other words, welcome to my New Blog, which I will update frequently as it is now part of my personal happy network. Joy! Confetti!

And since it is Polish Independence Day today, and I am Polish (oh, yes) here is a picture of vintage war bicycles at today's parade. Yes, war bicycles, what do you mean you've never heard of those?

IMG_7629

Note the mounted rifles:

IMG_7570

And with that I say goodnight, happy Independence Day, Poland, and I'll see you tomorrow.

(I'm leaving the ridiculous 'Test Post' up below because Kat commented on it. Go visit Kat . She is funny and I like her.)

3 comments:

  1. Website looks great :)... and yay for new blog... "personal happy network?"? :P sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to point out that I took that about you photo there. Not bad eh ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mwaahaha, war bicycles! I love it so much. And aww, I got a shout out. :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...