Tuesday, December 28, 2010

358/365: Christmas Eve table

Christmas Eve table
358/365: Christmas Eve table, originally uploaded by Magic Madzik.
December 24th

My mother takes particular pride in setting the table for Christmas Eve Dinner, and rightly so. Every year it's something different, but there is always lots of shininess and warmth. She has boxes full of little sparkly stars and angels and fairy dust.

Worth a mention: the tradition in Poland is to put hay on the table or under the cloth- hay, of course, because Jesus was born in a manger.

Hay on the table

Table for Christmas Eve dinner

Mum lights the candles for Christmas Eve

Bonus: family photos, first one taken by me, second by my sister so I could be in it. Merry Christmas!

Family

Family 2

1 comment:

  1. I love the hay on the table. :) It's actually quite modern looking. ;)

    (Oh and this is Eru, fyi!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...