Sunday, May 22, 2011

142/365: Carving workshop

142/365: Carving workshop
142/365: Carving workshop, originally uploaded by Magic Madzik.
May 22nd

A year ago, on Palm Sunday (photoset here), I met mr Staśkiewicz, a folk artist. He promised to make me a hurdy-gurdy.

A year is a long time to wait, but I caught him at a folk picnic in the park- what luck that I was in Warsaw that weekend. He promised he'd get to my dream drehleier as soon as possible. But he's so busy with workshops and fests...carving saints and birds...repairing basolias and surdinkas and countless other folk instruments I've never even heard of.

But I won't stop whining about my hurdy-gurdy until I'm turning the crank.

Carving workshops in the park

Na Obartek

Dancers from the hills

Dancers from the hills

A game with the blacksmith

The Blacksmith

Andrzej Staśkiewicz of the Kurpie region playing the basolia (basetla)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...