Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Gifts from Radesh

My cat friend Radesh is a prodigious hunter. Since we have known each other he has brought me many gifts:

butterflies

204/365: Red Admiral Defeated

moths

154/366: Radesh and the even bigger moth

frogs

125/365:Radesh found something.

rats

333/365: Radesh provides for me

and yesterday, a mole

Mole

Some of them, like the mole, I have rescued and set free. Some he ate on the spot. Some were resurrected in the middle of the night to scritch and scratch around my bedroom.

There was one morning when he woke me up at dawn, bringing a sparrow through the window. The thing was dead. I crawled back into bed and watched Radesh eat the bird whole, bones, feathers, beak and all.

Ah, nature.

5 comments:

  1. I think my mother needs to borrow your cat. She has a mouse in her house, somewhere.

    -Fixer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when most of those photos appeared for the first time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Magda, to masz silne nerwy. ja bym chyba zwróciła kolację widząc jak przy mnie kot zajada wróbla. ale może tak mają wegetarianie...hmm...
    KAro

    ReplyDelete
  4. :D Ja jestem prawie wege- to znaczy jadam bardzo rzadko i tylko szczęśliwe zwierzątka. Nie uznaję fabryk kurczaków, a ponieważ o kurę z podwórka w mieście trudno, mięso jadam dosłownie od święta. Ale lubię taki National Geographic we własnej sypialni...to szalenie ciekawe! Nie zaglądaj do mojego zestawu 'Dead Things' na flickrze, tam dopiero byś się przeraziła :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, I never saw all of these before :P Radesh is indeed a hunter :/
    Was the frog dead?... biedny krecik :( I'm glad you rescued that one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...